Using LAN Ethernet to program an HMI

Lamboom

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi .. I'm trying to program a Red Lion HMI.. No problem using several PC's (Dell E630 and E6410) But one Dell E6410 fails to connect via Ethernet LAN port. All of the 4 PC's (2) E630 and (2) E6410 are configured the same .. Fixed Ethernet IP address (192.168.0.105) .. all the same. By connecting each one, 1 at a time, to the HMI (192.168.0.20) .. three computers connect no problem .. one (a E6410) does not.

So this is a computer configuration problem?.. or a Ethernet LAN card problem?.. or a FIREWALL problem?

I'm not real sharp with PC's .. but, I do know enough to work with them... most of the time ... I don't know how to troubleshoot this network connection problem.

Any ideas would be appreciated... also, is there a simple tutorial out there which details all the steps in configuring a LAN port.. and making sure a firewall doesn't block it?

Thanks, Michael

Last edited:
When you say doesn't connect, do you mean through the Crimson software?

It could be a firewall issue, depending on the type of connection you have set. Have you tried turning the firewall off to see if that resolves the problem? Atr you using the same subnet mask when you set all PCs up?

Are you sure that the LAN port is good? I had a couple computers in the past that lost the LAN port and since I was wireless at the office I didn't even notice until I got out in the field and tried to connect to a device.