VB Code Examples Comm. VIA DDE to S7

vdc24

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to show me some examples of using Visual Basic to communicate to a s7 226 via the rs232 port and DDE. I'm not concerned about the instability of DDE, its not for an industrial application, this is for a project I'm doing at home and I can not afford the OPC package from siemens. I'd rather use DDE and VB via the rs232.

My problem is I really don't know where to start my programming background is minminal in VB I can usually figure out how to do something when I have an example in front of me. If anyone could email me an example or provide me a link to one it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Roy
[email protected]

Similar Topics

So basically I want to copy Ladders 10-19 to 20-29, 30-39 etc. All the way up to Lad 180-189 For a total of 18 copies. LAD 10-19 use...
Replies
Views
Hey would anyone be willing to share some of their programs they've created for stand alone machines? I have been doing my own structure of code...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am looking for a few GE ladder logic examples for Analog inputs. All the resources I have reviewed do not cover analog ciruits...
Replies
Views
Hi! I want to understand this code, who does is word. IF #"Sample timer".Q =1 THEN FOR #Ic := 1 TO 16 DO IF ((#Ic + 1) < 17) THEN //<...
Replies
Views
I'm working on learning OOP coding for TwinCat 3. I'd like to transfer and optimize the code my company has from AB Studio 5000 to ST TwinCat 3...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom