VB.NET/WinCE.NET/AB PLC

Cleaner

Hello to all,

I'm trying to figure out how to get a Windows CE touchscreen to run an application developed in VisualStudio.NET to talk to an Allen-Bradley ControlLogix PLC.

I've been told that there is no way for VB.Net to make an OPC connection in CE because it doesn't have the necessary COM interface ability.

Does anyone have any other solutions to developing this application?

Thanks,

Da Cleana

Hi Cleaner,
Well whether it has COM support depends on how the CE image was built. Sounds like your unit may have been built with 'MaxAll' which would have COM support. Does it have .NET on board? If so it would be interesting to try our .NET OPC interface assembly. You can test this out by downloading the Quick Data client (it's free) and try running it. I would be interested in the results. Go to:
http://IndustrialDotNet.com/Download.htm and just get the Quick Data client. Let me know how it goes and I'll try to help if I can.

Mark