Versamax Configuration

Sandy B.

I am currently working on a GE processor system for the first time. I am using a GE 90/30 processor with Versamax I/O on devicenet. The question I have is that we have 1 DeviceNet node (between the devicenet master IC693DNM200 and the Versamax network interface unit (NIU)). We have four racks of I/O. Each rack can have a total of 8 slots (modules) which gives us 128 bits of inputs and 128 bits of outputs. Combined, you can have 8 racks (1 main rack and 7 expansion racks) for a total of 1028 input bits and 1028 output bits. all this is supposedly autoconfigured. My big question is how do we address 4 slots in 4 racks? I am currently using 2 input and 2 output modules per rack. Does the system automatically leave extra I/O for the empty slots in each rack or does the system fill in only what it sees occupied in each rack? In the hardware configuration my ref. address is %I00265 and %Q00145 and both have a length of 1040. I am assuming my first input module is %I00265-%I00280 and my second input module is %I00281-%I00296. What will be the first input number used in the second rack???

Sandy -

I'm not sure about the the autoconfiguration, but if you look under your hardware profile, select any I/O module, you will see that it tells you the reference address of that particular module, along with the "length" which can vary depending on the size of that particular I/O module.

So if I put a 16 input module in the first slot after the cpu, the reference addy would be %I1, length 16, taking up locations %I1 - %I16. If you want to leave the next slot open because you'll add an 8 input card later, but you put another 16 input card into slot 3, you may want to leave memory organized for that future card. The third card would be configured: reference addy = %I25 length 16. This would leave %I17 - %I24 available for when you install another the future input card. Keep in mind that this addition would only have a length of 8 to suit that 8 input card.

As you install cards, Proficity ME will tell you the next available starting address, if you find conflicts, or things aren't organized as you'd like, you can change the reference addresses to suit your needs.

Hope that made some sense.

Last edited:
bonjour les experts, Je travaille actuellement avec un automate RX3I de General Electric dont les modules de communication sont connectés par réseau RJ45 avec un module d’extension d’entrée sortie d’émetteur ETM001F lui-même connecté à un module récepteur erm002 non isolé, sauf qu’à cause d’un défaut, les modules d’E/S analogiques ne s’allument plus et lorsque j’essaie d’analyser les défauts avec le logiciel d’édition de la machine proficy, J’obtiens le code d’erreur 1 signifiant une configuration corrompue, aidez-moi s’il vous plaît comment configurer les modules analogiques ic200alg264, j’ai changé les plages de courant de 0-200ma à 4-20ma sans succès

hello experts, I am currently working with a general electric RX3I PLC whose communications modules are connected by RJ45 network with an ETM001F transmitter input output extension module itself connected to a non-isolated erm002 receiver module, except that more due to a fault, the analog I/O modules no longer light up and when I try to analyze the faults with the proficy machine edition software, I get fault code 1 meaning corrupted configuration, please help me how to configure the analog modules ic200alg264, I changed the current ranges from 0-200ma to 4-20ma without success