Version 6 .mer file cannot restore to .apa

TheWaterboy

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
This was asked in another forum and taken down due to being a 'backdoor', but this has useful info that might be useful to someone in a pinch. I'm just posting it for the benefit of others.

So I am trying to restore a .mer file that is v6 and I am getting the error message below. A knowledgebase search led me to an article that is essentially saying there is nothing we can do to get this converted.
Is there some back door way to restore this file to a .apa?

Picture1.jpg

Here is the reply (too many graphics to paste so its a PDF.)
View attachment MER to APA process.pdf

I've used the hex editor on them in the past.

There's a couple utube vids on the process also.

btw, can't read what the error says in your pic. Too small for my eyes.

And if there's an easier way to reset the security bits. I'm definitely interested.

Thank You......
Yup, that's the one.

Even when I'm trying to use the same version I created it on, with a different PC, I'll get that error at times.
My primary has the latest, then I have another for the older equipment running V10. Which is the version it was last edited on, just a different pc. Doesn't always do it, but it does happen too much. Thanks RA.