Vfd logic- please review and comment

Jamal,

There is a setting in the RSLogix program where you tell it how you want to view addresses. The two methods show the same address, but a differert way of viewing it. B3:35/3 means "Binary File 3, Word 35, Word Bit 3", while B3/563 means "Binary File 3, File Bit 563". These are exactly the same memory location, but with a different method of counting bits.

See "File", "Report Options", "Program Files", "Ladder View Options", "Address Display".

Last edited:
B3:35/4 and B3/563 are the same bit, B file 3, word 35, bit 3. (35*16)+3 = 563. How it appears depends on how you have your report and display options configured in RSLogix500.

You can choose between Single Line or Split Line formats and between file/bit or file:word/bit forms. The display formats are configured independently for your ladder display and your printed report format.

Regarding B3:45/0 i am using this address for touch screen also.
Please see my tags for touch screen also

INDICATIONS BIT OUTPUTSTEXTBIT ADDRESS1VFD1 FAULTB3:45/02VFD1 RUNNINGI:11/10 = RUNNING3VFD1_RUNO:3/134VFD1_ENABLEO:3/115VFD2 FAULTB3:45/16VFD2 RUNNINGI:11/30 = RUNNING7VFD1_RUNO:3/14MAX8VFD1_ENABLEO:3/12BUTTONS BIT INPUTTEXTBIT ADDRESSPRESS BUTTON TO TOGGLE BIT1VFD_PRIMARYB3:35/3BIT=1FOR VFD1 PRIMARYBIT=0FOR VFD2 PRIMARYIO FIELD TO INPUT VALUETEXTADDRESS1VFD_SETPOINTN12:0VALUE DISPLAY/OUTPUTADDRESS1INLET PRESSURE PT1F8:12OUTLET PRESSURE PT2F8:23VFD_SPEED_FROM_PIDN12:2

I can not find where you set (control) B3:35/3 VFD_PRIMARY, which you use in Rung 004. I think you only need the new B3:45/3 contact on Rung 004, so you can delete all uses of B3:35/3 on Rungs 004 and 005.

------------------------------

if i use above tags this issue will be resolved or not.Please let me i am right track or not

If I use above tags, will this issue be resolved or not? Please let me know if I am on the right track or not.
Yes, it will be resolved for B3:35/3, because you are using a button on your touch screen to set that bit. You might want to add a description in your PLC program for B3:35/3, such as "Touch Screen Button".

Last edited:
Yes, I think it is a good design.

What happened with your acceleration and deacceleration ramps? Did you set those up in the Baldor drive?

Last edited:
Yes, you really help me because i only 5 seconds for acceleration and 10 seconds for deceleration. That is already by default drive has.. Thanks

One more thing i need to ask. i tested my program on emulator but i am unable to test PID loop whether it is working fine or not. any suggestions how can i test this program.

Sir, I updated everything in my logic as you suggested me. Please have a look so i can consider this as final.

I don't know how to check PID loops in emulator.

I have attached revised version.

Jamal,

I can't think of an easy way to test your PID loop (without a PLC to actually run the program). The best test is to use a PLC wired to the actual VFD motor drives. Without that setup, any other test would only test part of the system.

Maybe someone else can suggest a method. A test will depend on what equipment and software you have available.

Last edited:
Sir, you are right..there is no way to test i already asked some friends.. I told my company service people that they have to do some tunning when they are loading program at customer site. This machine is already built and working, but customer requested to put new motors and vfds.