VFD NEMA 4x

kalabdel

Good evening gentlemen,

I am looking for VFD with NEMA 4x rating. It's a small one, single phase 208/230 input, 208 three phase motor 8.46 Amps.
It looks like some manufacturers have them as custom order costing a fair bit. Who would have them as standard equipment?

Thanks

Thank you gentlemen.
I did get a quote from Yaskawa and I am likely to be quoting against spamming meone ( I have no idea what that means, should read "someone who") is supplying Lenze which I do not like. (Were these things Leeson and got bought out or something, they look similiar).
I will have a look at AB and Automation direct which completely escaped me.

Last edited:
`How are WEG drives, I see Automation Direct has them listed and I like their motors but never tried their drives.

`How are WEG drives, I see Automation Direct has them listed and I like their motors but never tried their drives.

Weg drives are very nice. We use them frequently. They released the CFW500 last year in N4X. Before that, it was the CFW08, which they have basically discontinued

When considering NEMA 4X, consider the application too. In a lot of food processing applications you need Stainless Steel N4X in order to not have a surface that can harbor bacteria.

Thanks everyone. I've contacted suppliers of almost all the brands mentioned here to check them out and few were very quick to get back to me. Interesting though a couple recommended different products like KB for example which I believe I've seen in the field before.

@jraef, good point; I didn't think of that and will have a look at what is available out there.

Thank you Gene. I was wondering as I loved their 8200 and 8400 series and couldn't figure out what happened with those AC Tech ones.

Obviously my dislike of the AC Tech ones is based on bad experience with very few, 3-4, of them so I may be way off but still good to know the background.

I agree, AC Tech suffered some quality/reliability issues, IMO. I really liked the concept of some of their designs, but I've replaced enough of them over the years to be glad I didn't push any customer toward them.

I've (unfortunately) seen similar issues from Lenze, but mostly on European equipment that has been brought into the US. This may well be due to differences in utility power. Let's face it, power quality has continued to decline over the past few decades (In the US, anyway).