VFD recommendations

ganutenator

Lifetime Supporting Member
We are currently in love w/ the Toshiba vfd brand sans their software.
But, the OEM wants a bkp.

Specs:
modbus w/ built in rj-45 port
ability to inject dc when mtr is at stand still
208/230V
sensor less vector control
1/4hp 3 phase

No question I would recommend Yaskawa
they have everything you are looking for and much more
I have found their technology is years ahead of the others
Check out their full line
keep in mind with DC injection breaking you can only get 30% breaking torque down to about 10 Hz

No question I would recommend Yaskawa
they have everything you are looking for.....

Provided you don't need them in a hurry. Dispatch times for all manufacturers is getting worse each day. Big companies are buying up for spares/security increasing the already high demand for parts. Getting drives/plc hardware in less than 4 months is rare now.

Provided you don't need them in a hurry. Dispatch times for all manufacturers is getting worse each day. Big companies are buying up for spares/security increasing the already high demand for parts. Getting drives/plc hardware in less than 4 months is rare now.

Yes, it is the TPDS (Toilet Paper Derangement Syndrome), but for everything now.

OK, been working with drives for 20+ years. Specializing in them for most of that. What the H is a "bkp"?

Mitsubishi A-800 series has all you need. Price is more than standard, but it is very reliable and powerful.

I think these controllers all meet the specs:

Siemens G120C
Danfoss FC-102/FC-302 series
ABB ACS580/ACS880 series
Schneider ATV320

We are currently in love w/ the Toshiba vfd brand sans their software.
But, the OEM wants a bkp.

Specs:
ability to inject dc when mtr is at stand still

Are you wanting for this for anti-condensation heating? I know that ABB ACS/ACH 580s have this feature, I assume others do as well, but not every VFD on the market may have the heating ability.

Are you wanting for this for anti-condensation heating? I know that ABB ACS/ACH 580s have this feature, I assume others do as well, but not every VFD on the market may have the heating ability.

yes. Both for anti-condensation (car wash) and to keep them in place during high pressure.