VFD won't accept my motor rated current

adam_lhadi

HI
i have a delta VFD M-series in the manual, in order to enter the motor rated current you set the parameter P,52 =the motor rated current
my motor rated current is 0.60A but the minimum allowed value is 2.1Amps so i can't enter my motor current. Where is the problem?

HI
i have a delta VFD M-series in the manual, in order to enter the motor rated current you set the parameter P,52 =the motor rated current
my motor rated current is 0.60A but the minimum allowed value is 2.1Amps so i can't enter my motor current. Where is the problem?

It's right in the manual. Parameter 52 has a limit of 30% to 120% of FLA rating of the drive. You probably have a 7A drive.

It's right in the manual. Parameter 52 has a limit of 30% to 120% of FLA rating of the drive. You probably have a 7A drive.
but i have seen videos having the same driver as mine ,but without the problem i have they are allowed to enter any value
also what does FLA means

FYI, there are generally reasons for those limitations. At my previous place, we had some machines come in with oversized drives. As I recall, we asked for them to simplify our supply situation as the 0.5HP (1.4A) drive wasn't enough cheaper than the 2HP (4A) to justify the added hassle of setting it up in our supply system. Problem was that the motor developed a partial ground and the larger drive couldn't detect it as a ground fault but it kept tripping on overload since the current was badly out of balance. A correctly drive would have correctly identified it as a ground fault and would have streamlined troubleshooting significantly. Lesson learned...

As a general rule, the FLA of the motor should not be less than 50% of the VSD's current.
So for 1 0.6 amp motor you should use a VSD no bigger than 1.2 amp VSD, most brands only go to 1.4 amp so this is what you should use.