Vijeo citect Opc

GonYoon

Hi everybody,

I have a simple question for anyone who knows.We cant try because system is working and we dont have a permission about it.
We have m340 plcs and vijeo citect scada.Scada computer has opc server to communicate plcs and other devices.We want to see same scada system another computer.We are wondering if we need to install an opc server again on the second computer for same scada program.

I believe you may not have too, however, there are issues, normally the second computer providing it can browse the existing computer & OPCEnum is turned on then the second pc should be able to find the OPC server & browse/access the tags. There are many hurdles you may have to jump through permissions perhaps passwords etc. It will also depend on if the OPC server you are using if it supports it I believe Kepware can. I have never tried it as we would use client/server versions of the scada systems.
You would probably also need permissions for access from the slave computer perhaps your IT dept could assist in getting it setup also may require some mods on the existing system.

Since you alreay have a server, all you need is to buy a client license and then deploy to it, then you will have the same SCADA running on both PCs, and both can control it.