Virtual PLC and Python Communication

Good day dear Experts!

Is there a way to simulate a communication between a S7-1200 PLC and python script? I know this is possible physically using an Ethernet cable (using the Ethernet port on the PLC) but what I am trying to achieve now is to use the S7-1200 simulator with python script running on the same PC be able to communicate with the PLC using the T_Con, T_Send, T_Rec functions from Siemens.

Can anyone assist on how to go about this?

Your assistance will be highly appreciated.🤞🏻

Sonia

The extended simulator PLCsim advanced comes with an api for third party applications but it also supports simulation of T_Con, T_Send, T_Rec directly without a third party application.

Well i haven't tried with the 1200 but i used a generic 300, using siemens PLCSIM and NettoPLC software.

I used it to try my hmi application with the original program running on the PLCSIM, i used snap7 library to communicate with it. First started learning about it with python and moved to c# to implement my hmi.

As far as I know, you can't do it for a 1200.

With the S7300/400 some communication can be done, as qamrij said.

PLCSIM Advanced supports communication, but as far as I know it only supports the 1500, not the 1200. The code would likely be similar/the same in a 1500, but the hardware & IO would be different.