WANTED: AB 6200 series software

Capt_Davey

Im trying to find a copy this old software to buy, borrow, download etc. I need it to make repairs on the the old PLC2, PLC5 and SCL-500 equipment. If anyone can help find or obtain a copy I'd greatly appreciate it. Thx

bad news - part 1 ...

ONE copy of 6200 (or any other programming software) won't program all of the platforms that you mentioned ...

you're going to need at least THREE separate software packages to get the job done ...

RSLogx5 is the current programming software for the PLC5.
RSLogix500 is the current programming software for the SLC500.
Both packages have had current version releases in the last few months and are available through your Allen Bradley distributor. This isn't "old" stuff so its not going to be cheap and its not going to be free.

The PLC/2 OTOH is old stuff. For the PLC/2 I suggest you use http://www.plc2software.com/products.html

suggestion:

the cheapest path is probably to hire a contractor who has access to all of the necessary software - and the communications hardware (cables, etc.) ...

Im a small independent PLC repair guy and my hard drive crashed with all my PLC 6200 software on it. I dont think a contractor is gonna help me make repairs for customers LOL. I was just hoping for a connection to get the 3 different 6200 softwares. I use live test stands and programs I wrote for all my repairs instead of just bench testing stuff, that way I know it works for sure when I send it back out into the field. The problem with RS Logix is it doesnt 'talk' to Micro Logix 1000 units, you need the 6200 series for that. Anyways plz PM me if you can help.
Thx :)

I don't know which RsLogix you have, but I'm going to guess it is RsLogix 5?

RsLogix 500 "talks" to the Micrologix 1000, 1100, 1200, 1500, and the modular SLCs.

Capt_Davey said:
The problem with RS Logix is it doesnt 'talk' to Micro Logix 1000 units, you need the 6200 series for that.

:confused:

A072208A.JPG

o_O

I didn't know you could make 6200 talk to a 1000... That's news to me. (I don't know ~why~ you'd want to, though. That software is 20 years old!!)

Thx for the correction guys, ill check that tomorrow. I just prefer the 6200 series. Its easier for me to use for my application and maybe I just prefer it for module testing. RS seems to slow due to its so powerful. I hate clicking and waiting. I can rock n roll with the 6200 software, guess its just a preference thing :p

PS can anyone hook me up with the PLC2 software ?

Thx

Last edited:
You really should look at the newer software. Yes, it's expensive, but it makes using the 6200 look like a bag of rocks. It is far from slow.

Maybe you need to charge more for your hourly rate! :D

LOL naw, I like to keep live testing inexpensive, its bad enough with fuel prices these days, its to my best interest to help keep companys up and running and profitable.......
I'm a consumer too :)

If youre looking for live PLC testing and repair, PM or email me. My rates are low and include full load testing and factory calibration procedures.
Thx all for the help :) I now have RS Logixs software btw :)

Capt Davey Jones
email: [email protected]

Last edited:
high

i work with AB 6200
* it is under dos
* the packadge for plc2 is not the same for plc5
* it is very good for maintenance
* i think it is copy protected you can not use the copy files becuse you must have key disk
* if you have the key disk i think it is easy to get copy
best regards

Last edited: