Water priming system

jiunthegreat

Anyone knows anything about Water priming system (PUE system)? I need the ladder diagram of the system for my assignment on PLC. Can anyone help me with the basic commands of the system to kick start my diagram?

2 pumps, cut-in, cut-off
lower level limit of 1300mm
upper level limit of 1850

Anyone knows anything about Water priming system (PUE system)? I need the ladder diagram of the system for my assignment on PLC. Can anyone help me with the basic commands of the system to kick start my diagram?

2 pumps, cut-in, cut-off
lower level limit of 1300mm
upper level limit of 1850

Yes I can. You need to pay me to do your work for you.
Please make effort to deposit $500.00 in my account. Will start right away.

Here we go again. This is another justification for our needing a canned student lecture.

I will let someone else do the lecture

Dan Bentler

Here we go again. This is another justification for our needing a canned student lecture.

Dan Bentler

:)

Dan Bentler

What I need was just a rough idea on the ladder configurations, not the whole project, so thank you for the offer Dan.

"jiunthegreat"

The GREAT - you have got to be kidding.

Step 1: Create an I/O point list
Setp 2: List in plain english the steps you want the system to perform, including any pre-conditions required for each step.
Step 3: Write the simplest rungs first, then more complex ones.
Step 4: Review above and repeat.

What I need was just a rough idea on the ladder configurations, not the whole project,
No one could help you without knowing the brand and model of your Programmable Logic Controller, and the name and version of the software pakage that you propose to use for programming the PLC. PLC programs are not generic, but different programs are necessary for differnt PLCs.

Let's Standardize This Help Request!

How about this as a standard homework request form in the future? Does it also need to have the instructor's name and email address required? ;)

Mike, your worksheet looks good. I took the liberty to upload it to the Downloads section (with attribution credit for your design) so that it will always be available. The main thing I changed was from this:

"(add more lines as required to be thorough, don’t just include a pdf that the teacher gave you)".

to this: "(add more lines as required to be thorough, and also include any instructions that the teacher gave you)".

Many times on this site, students give incorrect interpretations of their homework problems, or leave out critical details, or only give part of the problem, wrongly thinking that they have it solved except for this one little part. Knowing the actual problem is about 90% of the solution. They also try to disguise the homework problem to try to make it look like a workplace problem (not much success with that strategy).

Last edited:
Lancie,

Looks good but I intentionally left out having them submitting the actual homework assignment. Interpretting what the real customer requirements are from what the customer says they need is usually a large part of actually getting the desired control function operational.

Let's leave it as is and see how it works if it's used and update later if required.