Weird Redlion G308 problem.

robinsheehy

I use the G306 a lot for various products that my company builds, but this is the first time using the G308.

It is a simple program that uses 2 ADAM units for the IO. The 4017+ and the 4055. Both using MODBUS via RS485 on the same network.

I wrote the program and in testing found that the results from the 4017+ would drop out every 10-30 seconds e.g. "---" on screen.

The final step of looking for this was to write a bare bones from scratch program that just read the results I want and displays them on screen. I did this for both Crimson 2.0 and Crimson 3.0 and both the G306 and G308. The up shot of which is this.

The program always has drop out issues on the G308 but never on the G306. I even tried just making a convert of the G306 code the worked to G308, but the problem remained.

Has anybody else had similar issues with the G308? And maybe have fixes?

My other thought was to use the modules with the ADAM driver but the modules I use are not listed :(

(I have attached the Crimson 3.0 CD3 files that exhibit the issue if that helps)