Westinghouse Numa Logic help needed!

kevinrcase

I have only a print-out from a Numa Logic PLC to convert to AB RS Logix code. Can anyone help me understanding some of the more complex Westinghouse Numa Logic registers.
Like a "SL" function with 3 inputs and a number of registers.
Can I assume this is a bit shift left? How does it work? there are no contacts associated with this function block.

Also "AM" function with with one input and matrix size, 1 end, 2 end what does this do? there is a contact for this function block.

Can I assume the following functions are self explained?

GE operand 1 Greater than/Equal to operand 2
EQ operand 1 equals operand 2
UC Up counter
DC Down Counter
MV move data from source to destination

Kevin Case
Virginia PLC programmer

hello

I have a manual for the 700,900 and can help you if you e-mail me the section of code you wish to translate. I can't copy the manual, sorry!

regards

kevin

Kevin

I have search & searched. I could not find a westinghouse Numa Logic manual on line.

I need help on one function in particular:

there are 3 inputs into a function block. the second input is alway off. The function block specifies a starting regester as HR0098 and a number of registers of 1. The output is a bit register SL0268. This bit does not appear in the program as contacts. The 16 bit holding register is manipulated and capared with thought the program to preform logic.

Kevin Case

Last edited:
Kevin,

You might have done this also, but check with PLCcenter.com. If you havent already I would suggest you phone Eaton, and/or PLCcenter.com and ask their tech people where you might find a programming manual.

Ive search quite a bit on the web for this too. At this point you might have to take a few stabs in the dark and start making phone calls to old westinghouse distributers, PLC repair shops etc..

It seems your in a tight spot. Sorry I cant be of much more help.

Mike.

The following is from another thread, I copied it here so kevin might get notice that he may have some help here.

HI ALL
I read from threads that some one need information about westinghouse
plc ,so i have the manuals for plc 1100 and plc 1200 ( westinghouse )and some experence with these types ,if any one need help
take in mind please that my job is reparing plc and i/o so my information in programming may be limmited but I try as i can.
you can email to ([email protected])

Rely apreciated!! Kevin Combe's also a member offered me some help with the functionallity of the BSL or now i know the Bit Shift Left function. I think the remainder like counters compare statements etc are more or less self explanitiory by reading into the logic. But you never know i might call back on that help.
Yes you have the manual and i have the programming experience.