What do you use to D/L recipes to your AB PLC's?

KCDave

I'm just curious what people are using to download recipe /formula data to Allen-Bradley PLC's. We use Control Logix and PLC-5's with Wonderware recipe manager. Pretty basic but simple.

I write my own custom VB program if I will be downloading recipes and storing then in the PLC. The PLC is fine for smaller recipe storage but anything larger I will use an Access database for the recipe storage. I use drivers from Automated Solutions for the communications.

I also write custom VB for recipes. Usually the recipe file is a text list file of the format "TagName=Value"

This allows me to easily create offline recipe editors in Excel VBA. Or someone can make a change in a pinch with any text editor.

Alaric said:
I also write custom VB for recipes. Usually the recipe file is a text list file of the format "TagName=Value"

This allows me to easily create offline recipe editors in Excel VBA. Or someone can make a change in a pinch with any text editor.

Interesting. I do some Excel vba. I'd be grateful if you could post an example.

When its done, how do you download it to the plc ?

Thanks,

Mike