what types of PWM used in VFD's?

mordred

This is only for self training I've been trying to narrow out
how many types of PWM schemes are used in VFD's knowing that newer driver usually use IGBT's rather than older circuits such as sSchmitt trigger or schottky so rather than get in all the different types of of PWM I would like to refine my knowledge on the types used in todays drives thus far I've been able to narrow the list out to Sine coded possibly the same as Bang Bang. Freeform
and square does anyone know of any good articles that describe the
commonly used schemes as pertaining to VFD applications?

By the way Tom I read that article some very useful info there I'm currently using it to aid our electricians in house as we have 4 of the different types here in house

Your right it is a nice site thanks it will come in handy especially since I usually get stuck teaching others