Where's my Simatic Manager project upload

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all. I went to a customers location, uploaded from the S7-300 (CPU312) and performed a save, performed some work then came back to the shop and my program appears empty. Whilst online this was populated with Fb's an Ob and other objects. Now I open it an there's nothing there. Did I not really save the project even though it said I did? Still getting my feet wet with Siemens so I am sure I did something wrong but according to videos I watched at Youtube University this should have worked. Thank you

Screenshot 2024-02-13 065829.png

I dont think your explaining the whole story because how did another S7 program folder get in the project :)

Regardless if there are no fb, fc's db's etc under the S7 program> blocks
then you didnt upload all or didnt upload properly

The proper way to upload from Simatic Manager to a new project is to go to PLC -> Upload Station to PG.

That's what I did however, maybe I didn't save it properly? Or I am just not opening it correctly? Or....... o_O

Should I be able to upload this program if I have TIA v.18 open and the project in the CPU was written in Step7 Manager? It doesn't sound right to me, I am just asking.

For S7-300, when doing an upload, always specify rack=0, slot=2.
If you specify slot=0 then it wont find anything.
If there is a CP, and you select the slot no of the CP, then there will be a blocks folder, but it will be empty.