Why do industrial panel manufacturers use resistive touch ?

The infrared variant I believe is with small lamps and receivers on the edge of the screen. Similar to a light curtain.
Neither resistive nor infrared can do multitouch.

Thinking how great capacitive screens are (especially gorilla glass), I think that all other methods are dead or should be dead.

We have a client that replaced a normal Monitor with an infrared one in a Pc that was runnig a Scada system (WinCC). It was great to watch the screens changing and the comands going ON/Off just because a fly was walking in the park (the background image was green). LOOOL

Similar Topics

Does anyone have any good recommendations on an industrial touch screen panel? I want to be able to panel mount the screen and have it connected...
Replies
Views
Hi all, we are assembling an industrial control panel which consists of 4 branch circuits supplied from panel feeder as follows: Panel feeder ...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an industrial control panel with the following: dimensions: 600 x 600 x 250mm Panel feeder : #14 AWG , MC cable PVC-coated , supplied...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, and thanks in advance for viewing. I have an industrial control panel that is powering a VFD, pilot lights, relays, digital panel...
Replies
Views
Dear All This might be very simple question for those who are using HMI operator panel in combination with Industrial PC for HMI. I am trying to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom