WinAC and WinCC

plc-girl

I am developing an application for condition monitoring and trying to sort out the hardware needed;

Think about using IPC477D Panel PC but cannot understand the big picture.

Does it run WinAC on it? Can I use WinCC to configure the display?

May be trivial to someone but some basic explanation would be so helpful!

In order to develope an app for an IPC you will need WinCC (Flex) Advanced (naming has changed with TIA).
You may only have winCC Comfort Basic, check your software.
It will allow you to setup the IPC.
You'll also need a runtime lisence for the IPC(Tags).
If you plan on recipes, logging, etc, additional licenses may be needed for the IPC.

WinAC is a soft PLC, which can be programmed like an S7300. You use Step 7 to program it, just like any S7-300.

WinCC could refer to a few different HMI packages, from the WInCC Advanced that bkottaras mentioned, up to a full SCADA system. You would need to contact your local Siemens rep to determine what licenses make sense for what you want to do.

All of these can run on the 477D PC you mentioned, but be careful to ensure you buy a powerful enough PC for what you need to do.

PLC Girl
Here's a part number and description for you
Straight from the TIA Config tool

"6AV7240-8DM04-6PQ0"
"SIMATIC HMI IPC477D (Panel PC)
6AV7240-8DM04-6PQ0
Core i7-3517UE (2C/4T, 1.7(2.8)GHz, 3MB Cache); 1x Gigabit Ethernet (IE/PN); 1x PROFINET (IRT, 3 PORTS);
19" touch (1366 x 768) with front USB
8GB and NVRAM
one RS232, without PCIe
Windows Embedded Standard 7 SP1, English, 32-bit
DVD
160 GB solid state drive SATA
HMI/RTX F: RT 512PT
24V DC Industrial Power Supply"