WinCC flex: log user administration

lauwerstim

Is it possible to log the user administration in WinCC flexible.

I would like to know when a user logs in and out and also wich user logs in.

This can be achieved 2 ways.

1-Activate system alarms and log these, among all other system alarms you will find logins, failed logins, and logouts. User name and user grp will be displayed.

2-Scheduler > Event = User change.
Function 1 = TraceUserChange
Function 2 = GetUserName (tagOut is a string) This will output the username to a tag which you can log.
Function 3 = GetGroupNumber (TagOut is a int) This will output a number correspondant to the group the user is in. This is optional, but can be used to see if a user is locked.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: If you use the second method you can also display the current logged in user and his usergroup. Which is always nice to have.

Last edited:
Jeebs said:
This can be achieved 2 ways.

1-Activate system alarms and log these, among all other system alarms you will find logins, failed logins, and logouts. User name and user grp will be displayed.

2-Scheduler > Event = User change.
Function 1 = TraceUserChange
Function 2 = GetUserName (tagOut is a string) This will output the username to a tag which you can log.
Function 3 = GetGroupNumber (TagOut is a int) This will output a number correspondant to the group the user is in. This is optional, but can be used to see if a user is locked.

Hope this helps.

I would like to use your first solution, but it doesn't seem to work.

In the list I can see the passwordlist is imported succesfully but I don't see anything when I log on/off

Is there something else I need to do?

In ieder geval hartelijk dank voor de hulp ;)

JesperMP said:
You will have to add the function TraceUserChange to the User Change scheduler event. Only in this way is a user change included in the system alarms.

Works like a charm. Thanks a lot, both of you.

I really love this forum :p

JesperMP said:
You will have to add the function TraceUserChange to the User Change scheduler event. Only in this way is a user change included in the system alarms.

You beat me to it.

We use both methods, one for logging and one for username display on panel. So I never knew it really needed the TraceUserChange. Until now, when I built a test project form scratch to make it work.

Good to hear it's working...:D