WinCC Flexible Script With Xcopy Errorlevel included??

Kasperv79

Hi.

is it possible to create a script in WinCC Flexible, that uses Xcopy to copy several (large) folders and create a systemmessage if the copy failed?

(Xcopy, because i can copy only not existeng/newer files)

i allready do have the Copy part working, but not sure how to get the Errorlevel status to systemmessage..

ive tryid some differents scripts found be google the problem but without any luck...

what are you actually copying? I would be concerned by the 'memory hog' of this process.

Is it a panel or pc runtime? what size of file are we talking about?

Have you considered a shared folder and using a remote PC to do the copying instead?

It's a PC runtime, the Sum og the 5 folder are now about 1-1,5Gb. its
folder:

AuditTrail
Recipes
Logs (archiver+ alarm/warning logs)
PDF (all print out are created in PDF)

I´m open for another solution but the reason is that i have a requirement the Wincc flexible logs if backup not completed.. that will appear in Alarm log.

How about just using the "copylog" system function ?
No experince with it, but I am guessing that if the system function fails, it will trigger a system message, and it will be automatically logged if set up that way.