WINCC RT no data from plc

zxced

Hi,

So we have 3 pc with wincc rt installed. I have the program in my laptop and downloaded to file system the scada file, transferred it to the 3 pc and opened it using wincc rt. I configured the device, was able to ping the plc but there's no data coming from the PLC. It's showing greyed out background from transmitter(4-20mA) and no data.

I am not sure if Set PG/PC interface is needed If so, is there a way that I can install Set PG/PC interface without installing TIA Portal since the 3 PC's are going to be put on site for the client? Do I need license for this?

Thanks.

Is this TIA WinCC Advanced RT ?
Yes, it is necessary to set S7ONLINE. You do this in PG/PC Interface or in Communication Settings. Both of these are usually installed together with TIA WinCC Advanced RT.
You shall also program a message view for system messages. This will pop up a message with some information with why the HMI does not go online.

Hi,

Thanks for response. This is wincc rt professional.

Unfortunately Im still having trouble. I configured the Set PG/PC to S7 online>tcp.auto<active>

Then at the TIA, the hmi communication is configured as well to their responding IP addresses.

Then I downloaded to file system , transferred it to the PC station, still no luck.

I dont have experience with WinCC RT Professional. But I think Advanced and Professional are similar for this topic.

I have better luck with setting S7ONLINE to TCP, without the ".AUTO".
Can you post a screenshot of the connection setup in TIA ?
Also, like I said you need a message view for system messages. Chances are that there is a system message that says exactly why the HMI does not go online.

Hi,

Sorry but I cant attached screenshot here. Im using my phone for the forum. And i tried attaching pictures but it's just saying to put the link or url of the image .

I tried using without the "auto".

I was able to gather data using my laptop but when I tried it on the client pc, still no signal.

I am not sure where to check the messagw view for the system message.

Thank

I noticed that in the hmi connection, my laptop where the project file is open, hmi connection used the tcp ethernet adapter of the laptop and it's different with the one in the Client PC. Would that make a different?