WinCC + several s7-300 through MPI

About MPI, the "secret" is that the MPI port on a typical S7-300 is not isolated. It is this that limits the reach. The fact that there is no coprocessor to handle the comms is the reason why the baudrate is limited to 187.5k.

Extending the MPI reach with repeaters will make it almost as expensive as an ethernet solution. Also factor in that you can save the MPI card on the PC if you go with ethernet.

well, thank you for your help JesperMP and Marius!

You have really helped to understand those things...

Similar Topics

Good morning, I would like to know if there is a way to "Deploy" the same project (WinCC Flexible 2008 Runtime) on several HMI devices. Let me...
Replies
Views
All panels are working with recipes stored in DB's in the PLC. But, I would prefer the HMI recipes. Is it possible to centralise this in a shared...
Replies
Views
is there any free trial version available for step7 professional and wincc comfort v17. i searched and downloaded TRIAL Download STEP 7...
Replies
Views
Hello. I have a db which is 1000 INT, and this db is represented in WinCC as a raw data type set of 5x 400 Bytes. This set is read with a script...
Replies
Views
Hello Experts I am working on a project with WinCC Unified v16 PC system and want to create an option on the screen to export logs to the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom