WinCC upload problem

recycled_mind

Hi All,

I got a new TP 177B MSTN. The problem is I cannot download my project to the HMI. Im using a siemens PC adapter USB for downloading my project from PC to HMI. I'm using WinCC Flexible 2008 Advance.

Can anyone help what is lacking here? Why I cannot download my project. It says check settings, cables, etc.

Hope to hear from you.

Best regards,
Alex

Check your Transfer Settings in WinCC Flexible and both on the panel.

-Look under tab of communication in WinCC Flexible and see is the connection is OK

- Then restart your OP. Go into settings> Transfer settings and control your configuration there choose MPI or DP which one you re using and specify a different adress from the CPU.

If you connect through MPI check MPI setting and if PLCs adress is 2 (it deafult is) then choose OP adress something different like 3.

And click on remote control or remote transfer something like that in the Trasnfer Setting so when you start downloading your program the OP automatically enters transfer mode and you dont have to restart everytime.

Then click transfer in WinCC Flexible in the menu specify your MPI or DP adress nd try again...

Is your panel in Transfer mode?

Check your Transfer Settings in WinCC Flexible and both on the panel.

-Look under tab of communication in WinCC Flexible and see is the connection is OK

- Then restart your OP. Go into settings> Transfer settings and control your configuration there choose MPI or DP which one you re using and specify a different adress from the CPU.

If you connect through MPI check MPI setting and if PLCs adress is 2 (it deafult is) then choose OP adress something different like 3.

And click on remote control or remote transfer something like that in the Trasnfer Setting so when you start downloading your program the OP automatically enters transfer mode and you dont have to restart everytime.

Then click transfer in WinCC Flexible in the menu specify your MPI or DP adress nd try again...

I have already done this but still i cannot download my project.

Are you connecting the USB adapter directly on the panel ?

The USB adapter needs 24V from the port it is attached to.
You cannot connect it directly to the MPI/DP port on the panel, because it does not have the 24V. In stead, you can attach it to a Profibus connector with a PG socket, when the Profibus connector is plugged into the MPI or DP port on the PLC. The connection to the panel then goes via a Profibus cable that goes to a Profibus connector on the MPI/DP port on the panel.

The USB adapter needs 24V from the port it is attached to.
You cannot connect it directly to the MPI/DP port on the panel, because it does not have the 24V. In stead, you can attach it to a Profibus connector with a PG socket, when the Profibus connector is plugged into the MPI or DP port on the PLC. The connection to the panel then goes via a Profibus cable that goes to a Profibus connector on the MPI/DP port on the panel.

Thanks for this Sir. I will try this, I need to look a profibus connector and cable first.