Wincc V5.1 and Step7 V5.4

overgeo

Hi, i got a win2k machine, runing with step7 v5.4, for some reasons a teacher give me a Wincc V5.1 license, and i would like to know if i can use both programs without any problems, i heard that to use wincc 5.1 with step7 5.2 you need to install a hotfix, is there something similiar with step 5.4?, thans in advance and congratulations for this forum.

Yes, there is a problem. Step7 and WinCC aren't working simultaneously over MPI interface. Step7 5.2 or 5.4 it doesn't matter.

Thx for your answer

Hi, i have been looking for info about how to make work WinCC 5.1 and step 7 5.4, and according to siemens WinCC 5.1 with the SP2 and step 7 5.4 are compatible, here is the compatibility list http://cache.automation.siemens.com/dnl/DU1OTIyOQAA_21927667_FAQ/WinCC_V5_Kompatiblitaets_e.pdf
if you look to the list you can see that to make work step 7 5.2 and wincc you must install the SP1 for wincc.

Now i'm waiting that siemens send me the SP2, when i'll install the sp2, i'll post if they are compatible or not.

overgeo said:
Hi, i have been looking for info about how to make work WinCC 5.1 and step 7 5.4, and according to siemens WinCC 5.1 with the SP2 and step 7 5.4 are compatible, here is the compatibility list http://cache.automation.siemens.com/dnl/DU1OTIyOQAA_21927667_FAQ/WinCC_V5_Kompatiblitaets_e.pdf
if you look to the list you can see that to make work step 7 5.2 and wincc you must install the SP1 for wincc.

Now i'm waiting that siemens send me the SP2, when i'll install the sp2, i'll post if they are compatible or not.

ı couldnt open link of your document..can u upload it to rapidshare if u have pls...

thnks

Hi, the link works fine for me try with this http://www.siemens.seoul.kr/DATA/FAQ/PLC/20065/STEP7_compatibility_e.pdf in that link you can find the compatibilty list of all siemens software with step 7 including wincc.

Some days ago i recieved from siemens the wincc 5.2 sp 2 and works perfect with step 7 5.4, if you are still unable to see the compatibilty list tell me and i will upload the file to rapidshare.