Windows 10 and older RS logix versions

daveronline

Hello, I just started with a new company and all of their PC's have been switched out to windows 10. There are several older machines here that are running older versions of logix (12,12,ect) I have Studio 5000 running on a laptop for the newer equipment but I have no current way to access the older equipment. When I contacted our local rep there answer was to just upgrade everything to v20 or newer. Is there an alternative. I have heard people talk of emulators? I am not familiar enough with this so if anyone can point me in a direction I would greatly appreciate the help

I would create a vm of the older pc and use vm player / vm workstation and use that to program with.
that is what we use on our desktops.

i'm not the one who creates the vm's and would be of little help there.

James

Hello, I just started with a new company and all of their PC's have been switched out to windows 10. There are several older machines here that are running older versions of logix (12,12,ect) I have Studio 5000 running on a laptop for the newer equipment but I have no current way to access the older equipment. When I contacted our local rep there answer was to just upgrade everything to v20 or newer. Is there an alternative. I have heard people talk of emulators? I am not familiar enough with this so if anyone can point me in a direction I would greatly appreciate the help

Set up a VM ( Virtual Box) and run inside that or have a "Service Laptop" with the correct OS. Use the WinBlows 10 Machine for Email / Word / Internet.

https://www.virtualbox.org/

As above having a VM is the best way to run legacy software to support legacy equipment.

VMware or Virtual Box

I am partial to VMware but it costs a little money where virtual box is free but you also get what you pay for.

If you choose VMware you can get workstation or player. I would recommend workstation for your needs. The latest version 15.5 Workstation costs $249.00 USD and Player is $149.00 USD