windowsXP

andylut

A
Hi I bought a winXP home addition and planning on loading mine rslogic 500 software on it and use it to upload, edit and download programs. Is there any problem that I dont know about xp compatible with mine SL5/02 AND SL5/04?? As you know the xp is format in NTFS FILE and 32bits instruction or is it 64bits now>? thanks andy

rslogix

just make sure you have a new version (5.20 or newer), or you wont be able to run rslogix at all on XP.

Matt

FYI- XP is still 32 bit, though there is a 64 bit version coming.
Programs don't care about NTFS- windows handles that. Though you can still keep FAT32 if you want.

A tip that might be useful to some of you with XP is that you can run programs in 'compatability mode'

I had some Mitsi software that would not run in XP pro. I E mailed Mitsi with this and they said see your vendor.
My vendor wanted to sell me the latest software.

I messed with the compatibility mode and voila it worked fine.

I again e mailed mitsi with this finding - they never replied!

Goody,

You don't think they are actually going to tell other customers about that do you? They would rather sell them the new software.

Greedy Devils.

RSLogix 5 on Windows XP

That worked great for installing RSLogix 500. Does anyone know a way to install older versions of RSLogix 5 on Windows XP. Similar trick?

Technically RSLogix 500 version 5 was the only one that wouldnt install on XP, the best option is to upgrade to 5.20.00 (or later if there is one). I had a version 4 that would install and run on XP in compatibility mode but never could get the early version 5 to even install. NOTE: My laptop came with XP, I didnt do an upgrade and the uninstaller didnt help. I think that the aforementioned download from AB was to assist in upgrades to XP but some may have found it useful in other situations. Anything is worth a try.