wiring of current sensor ACS712 to the analogue channel of PLC FX2N-4AD

mian

I am doing a project to detect power spikes. I am using current sensor ACS712. I am using the analogue channel FX2N-4AD of the Mitsubishi PLC. The FX2N-4AD has 32 buffer memories. I need to store the data from the current sensor in the memory buffers and the PLC is gonna read that data using "to" and "from" functions. Can anyone please tell me about the wiring of the sensor to the analogue channel and how the data gonna be stored and read from and to the PLC?? Help please
Thanks

Last edited:
I am doing a project to detect power spikes. I am using current sensor ACS712. I am using the analogue channel FX2N-4AD of the Mitsubishi PLC. The FX2N-4AD has 32 buffer memories. I need to store the data from the current sensor in the memory buffers and the PLC is gonna read that data using "to" and "from" functions. Can anyone please tell me about the wiring of the sensor to the analogue channel and how the data gonna be stored and read from and to the PLC?? Help please
Thanks

This datasheet will show you the wiring: http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDYQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.allegromicro.com%2F~%2Fmedia%2FFiles%2FDatasheets%2FACS712-Datasheet.ashx&ei=7GOLUtfJNJKvsQSbz4FI&usg=AFQjCNEsuWeWEOng-Vn4AXDUAjxAgXNkjg&bvm=bv.56643336,d.cWc

The current you want to sense has to go through pins 1-2 to 3-4. The output will be in voltage and you can wire it to your module. While you won't get a 0-10V output signal from this, you can use a 0-10V channel to read the output.

I do have one question though, you are talking about power spikes right? How much current are we looking at here? You MAY want to look into reading the current from a current tranformer if you have anything else than small currents...

Thanks Fredlaroche,
I have already read the data sheet for both the sensor and the analogue channel.
The output voltage of the current sensor is 8 but the range of the analogue channel is +/-10. so i can't connect it to the analogue channel. well i can use a graph to find change in time and voltage to detect spikes. You are right the current gonna be very small.

Do you have any idea about ladder logic how to read data from the memory. i am using gx iec developer.

The output won't be 8 volts exactly. It will be a percentage of the supply voltage. You can refer to the MANY curves and graphs supplied in the datasheet. It doesn't matter though, you can still connect it to your analogue channel as it is meant to measure voltage. You just won't be using the whole range of the input.

As for the ladder logic, I am sorry but I have never worked with Mitsubishi.

Do you plan on recording and trending this or just track spikes in real time?

I'm sure others can step in and help you with this.