Wonderware and PLC5

angi

Hi guys

Does anybody know whether Wonderware could work with PLC5 through DH+? if it works, how to send information to WW? by MSG?
or WDT ?

Thanks

I guess you could still find a used 1770-KF2 out there. RS-232C standard driver after that. I do remember WW supporting the S&S module as well as the KT. The KT has been obsolete for a long time though.

WW will poll the PLC for data.

Good luck,

(8{)} :) .)
(Yosi)

We communicate to them via a ControlLogix gateway.
There is no DA Server that will communicate DH+.
With the gateway bridge, we use DASABCIP and build the route to the DH+ node.

The way we did it at a former employer was we bought a Controllogix chassis with a 1756-ENBT card and some 1756-DHRIO modules. Then you can access everything through ethernet using the bridge. It eliminates having to physically plug into the machine for troubleshooting also.

Last edited:
Hi Helliana
How to change the info in PLC5 into a tag info that Logix5000 could understand?

Thanks

Wonderware can talk to RsLinx, If you have a 1784-pktx or the usb version in the computer you can just configure a topic and point WW at it. We do this right now w/ both cnet and dh+ PLC5's.

If you do it Helliana's way, you don't need to reconfigure the info. You just show Rslinx how to route through the CLGX gateway and create a topic to that.

Note that with Dravik's method you need a licensed version of RSLinx which supports DDE/OPC (not the free version called RSLinx Lite). And, you will need a 1784-KT card and be running an OS which supports it. The KT card is reliable but there have been known issues with compatibility with certain hardware platforms. Also, the host PC will need a full size PCI slot to house it. Another alternative to the KT card is the 1784-U2DHP USB to DH+ adapter with which I have zero experience.

Thanks guys!

how to creat the topic in RSLinx? and how to sent info from PLC5 to WW? by BTW or Message?

WW can simply reference the data points directly, if you can wait till tommororw I can take a Screenshot of my config.

Ok, couple quick screenshots of how this works.

SS1, example of creating a topic name "North" and associating it with a PLC that RsLinx can see.

SS2, example of how to create the access name in WW. Note the topic name should match the topic name you created in RsLinx(mine don't, I was in a hurry)

SS3, example of how a tag looks that is pointing at an access name.

ss1.JPG ss2.JPG ss3.jpg