Wonderware DASABCIP Communication with ControlLogix controller via remote rack

coreddl

Hi Chaps,Could anyone explain how to configure DASABCIP in SMC to communicate with control Logix controller in the remote chassis.

My L75 is located in main chassis and PC is connected to EN2T in the remote chassis,both main and remote chassis are bridged by EN2TR.

Actually my problem is I cant point the controller in DASABCIP configuration since it is in another chassis.

SMC Config Used:
DASABCIP> New_PORT_CIP>NEW_ENB_CLX>NEW_BACKPLANE>NEW_L5000 CONTOLLER

where NEW_ENB_CLX is remote ethernet module connected to PC, NEW_BACKPLANE is remote backplane and NEW_L5000 CONTROLLER is the controller name in main chassis.I cant go beyond this!

Cheers!

Topology not supported

After reading through the DASABCIP manual I found control logix network topology as show in the attachment is not supportedo_O (Highlighted red is the actual network structure I have).

Looks like DASABCIP will accept only direct connection to control logix controller in Ethernet/IP

Does anyone tried the configuration as in the attachement before?

DASABCIP TOPOLOGY.jpg

Hi Scott,

Actually communication network between main rack and remote rack is redundant (EN2TR-closed loop) and it is private (192.168.1.X) and the EN2T in the remote rack communicate with workstation.

Thanks and Cheers!