wonderware I/O server and AB 1784 PKTx card

IanL

hi guys, hope you can help me out. i'm having trouble enabling a channel on an AB 1784 PKTx card using wonderware's I/O server software.

machine is p4 2.8GHz, winXP SP2, 512MB RAM, etc. my problem is the green LED on the back of card doesn't flash. looking at user manuals, this means the channel is not online.

i've tried using RSLinx and that works perfectly, when i run and stop the driver the LED flashes and stops as expected.

i've followed all the guides scattered on the internet on how to configure AB 1784KT I/O server with PKTX card (eg tech note 289) but i simply don't know how to enable the channel. does starting the I/O server program enable the channel automatically?

only thing i can't do is install .bin files, everytime i type "install c:" the error is "c is an invalid target drive" can .bin files be copied over manually using windows explorer?

so in summary
1) how do you enable a channel using wonderware I/O server?
2) how do you install .bin files?

TIA, any questions just post them up and i will try my best to answer them.

Ian,
a) I think the channel is enabled as soon as the IO driver is started or when Intouch start polling data. It may not be enabled if you didn't set up the bin files properly.
b) Copy those bin files somewhere to your harddrive. Follow the technote and load the firmware from the location where you copied the bin files.
It has been a long time since I setup one of these but it did work for me. Also, try using their new DASABDHPlus IO server.

I read this thread with great interest. I am trying to get the DASABDHPlus (v1.0 and 1.5sp) driver working with a 1784-PKTx. The card works fine with Linx but doesn't come to life under control of DAS. In working with the local Wonderware distributor, they have advised to downgrade the PKTx cards' firmware in order to make DAS work properly. I realize this card is 'legacy' in nature and that ethernet communication networks are rapidly becoming the 'de-facto' but to downgrade the firmware seems, well, just wrong.

Does anyone have any other thoughts. I realize this post is not exactly related to the thread but am hoping for some insight.

Thanks for any information that anyone can provide to help me with this endevaour.

Karl

Well,

I know almost nothing about wonderware or the little opto brick in one of my panels but the Computer on the desk has a similiar setup except they used the PKTx with linxs, then made a dde topic and told wonderware to read the topic?

doubt that helped

Clint

I doubt that helps,