Wonderware intouch alarm not listed in alarmviewer

RobinH

Hi,

I have a problem with some alarmpoints in wonderware intouch.

The problem is that when some specific alarms occurs it is not listed in the alarmviewer control. The siren goes off and the alarm is indicated on the mimic page but nothing in the alarmviewer.

If i simulate the alarm manually it will appear in the alarmviewer and is working perfectly.

The scaling for the analog alarmpoint (Pressure in Bar) is
EU: 0-25
RAW: 0-25000

The low alarm is set to 0 Bar.

When i observe the analog value for the alarm it seems that the value is jumping between 0 and 0.1.

I am wondering if this can be a timing issue?

Has anyone experienced this before?
Do you have any tips on how to solve it?

Best regards

Is the pressure tag a real? I assume it is because of the 0.1 reading.
You can build a "Data Change" script looking at the pressure tag and if less than 0.2, turn on a discrete alarm tag.

Last edited:
Hi,

Yes, the pressure tag is a real.

It might be easier to change the scaling as we actually dont need 3 decimals for the value.

But i think it is strange that the alarm viewer is not able to present the alarm when it occurs.

Is the alarmviewer control event driven? Seems like it only try to present the alarm only once when it occurs. And if it fails to present the alarm it nothing happens.

I believe the best solution would be to have a active alarmviewer that constantly checks the alarmbits in the PLC, like the mimic windows in Intouch.

All my alarm tags are in an "Alarm" group.
I have an Alarm page that is only doing a query on the "Alarm" group.
The Alarm page has 2 wizards:
1 is an "AlarmObj" that shows current Alarm tags.
The other pane is an "AlrmDbViewCtrl" that shows history of the Alarm tag....Date and Time of when it happened (Red), who acknowledged it (Orange), and when it returned to normal (green).

Last edited:
Hi,

We are using the AlarmViewerCtrl. All tags that are defined as alarms should pop up into this window. Since we use this as an alarmsystem we need to be able to acknowledge the alarms from the list and at the same time send acknowledge for the alarm down to the PLC.

I probably need to contact wonderware regarding this problem.

Best regards

No problem....
Use an Acknowledge button to acknowledge Wonderware alarm and write to a discrete in plc to also ack. Button down = 1, button up = 0.

Are you acknowledging by selecting the alarm from the AlarmObj list and then pressing the button (same button for all alarms) or do you have a separate button for each alarm?

We also have a button called "Acknowledge all" with a script that runs through every visible alarm in the Alarmviewerctrl and writes a acknowledge value (int) to our PLC.
We use int to acknowledge in the PLC because we have several alarm limits for each alarm.

Best regards

After monitoring this problem further we have found out that this happens to both digital and analog alarms.

Siren from our PLC goes on, no alarm is displayed in the alarmviewer,

If we browse through our created "list page" we find alarms that are active and not acknowledged.

You can call it ghost alarms because if the operator is now browsing through the list page he will not be notified which alarm it is.

I need to solve this..

Best regards

NetNathan,

Is it possible to get an sample application from you?
I would like to see how you solve the alarm handling in your system.

Best regards

Check your Alarm Configuration. If you have the "RTN Implies ACK" checkbox enabled, then transient alarms will acknowledge themselves when they return to a normal state without operator intervention.

Hi,

RTN implies ack is not enabled. But still if you have it enabled the alarm will come up in the alarmviewer as normal.

On this project i am running Wonderware 10.1.

But I have other versions also.

Best regards