Wonderware Intouch Historian Issues

gaby2084

I'm using Intouch wonderware in a really simple application. We need to monitore some variables that are given by a Flow Computer OMNI. I use Topserver to connect with wonderware in order to read the values from the flow computer.
We also use historical trend and 16pen trend.
In addition we needed to made a report of the hourly average value from each variable in the last 24 hour. There are two kinds of reports one from Oil variables and one for Gas variables. In order to report the historical values I used de HistData to export the lgh files frome to CSV, and then using macros print the report. This solution worked fine for a couple months, we asked support from Invensys and they told us that the solution using Histdata works with DDE and we are using windows 7.
After that we adquire Hisotorian becaus Invensys said it would be the solution, and it worked for a month to fail again.
Can someone help me?

Check Status page in SMC, make sure all service are healthy and running. Can you see the values through the Historian client?

Also why not use one of the client tools to do this there are various options. For reports activefactory workbook plugin works well.

What about historian failed? As RheinhardtP said, the excel addin for historian client works very well. You can also use SSRS to generate the reports.

I used excel addin from historian to made the reports, the problem is not there, but in the fact that historian is not saving data from more than 24 hours. I mean, the circular are created but I can't reach them not even perfoming a direct query in SQL.
I can only see data from 24 hours back the hour I'm consulting. For example in my country now is 1:15pm 23/04/2014, I perform a query using the Intouch addin and ask for data from 5:00am 22/04/14 to 05:00am 23/04/14, and I only see data from 22/04/14 1:15pm to 23/04/14 1:15pm. Any other hours have null values.
I hope I make myself clear.
I still can't solve it, what I did was reach data from another DB without using historian, but I really want to know why is this happening.

Thank you in advance