Wonderware Migration Paths

phuz

I'm in the middle of upgrading a bunch of InTouch applications to 2020 R2 and encountered a very old NT application.

I installed InTouch 8 to try to open it and it won't even give me the version. I tried to install InTouch 7 on my XP machine but I forgot that XP didn't support InTouch 7, so I'm assuming I need to use a Windows 2000 VM?

Anyone have an idea of the proper path for something that old? Not finding any good info on the knowledgebase.

Application "xxx" was developed with a Win16 version of InTouch
OLDER than version 5.6. Cannot convert.

Hey Phuz,

I can confirm, InTouch 7 was supported on NT/2000.

Sometimes this error is bogus. In a case of the installed InTouch version being older than the app, it can throw this error, simply because the version is not recognized.

You can try this utility to confirm the actual app version. That might help with determining the path forward:

https://softwaresupportsp.aveva.com/#/producthub/details?id=91158263-7517-4efb-b5ac-b73545e523ce&src=

Moose

Thanks, brother. When are you coming back to Waze?

Oh, and it says I cannot download that utility, that you have to purchase it? Wasn't my consignment purchase enough? Sheesh.
Luckily I just looked and it was in the utilities folder I have from when I downloaded the entire FTP site a few years back. I'll check what it is.

Last edited:
Haha, I thought it was you. I was perma-assigned to my basement. My micro editing-radius and lack of window are hindering my Waze editing. :)