Migration from InTouch 9.5 to Wonderware (AVEVA) 2020

phuz

I consider myself extremely versed with Wonderware InTouch and Archestra, but have not touched 2020 yet.

In terms of InTouch scripting, SQL access, etc., is there anything funky when upgrading or are these pretty much left intact? How bad is the new licensing process, especially for systems on the plant floor that have no internet access?

Scripting etc shouldn't be a problem. Are you using any funky ActiveX controls? I've had problems with those in the past although i think that was more an operating system issue.

The licensing... feels draconian now, after so many years of it being easy. If you've got the ability to do so, I'd run up the licensing server on a VM. Use the redundant license servers, it doesn't cost extra but you get some extra protection if the one fails. Treat the licensing server like it might explode... don't change the computer name, IP address or anything really after the servers are paired and licenses assigned. I made the mistake of removing them from the domain.. Boom. Had to ring Schneider to get it unlocked.

You can license them without Internet.
In the licensing section you will se a place where you can request a license file to run on the standalone computer.
However as I do... I have a usb to wifi adapter with antenna and just go to each computer and install license (using company "Guest" wireless connection) then remove dongle.