Aveva 2020 intouch migration failure

smashfork

Hi all,

I recently upgraded to 2020 R2 SP1 Patch 1. I have some 2017 intouch apps I want to be able to view in windowmaker and tried to do so from the app manager. When I try to migrate them to 2020 I choose to back up or not (I've tried both and a couple of different paths to store the back up) and click continue I get a brief loading cursor followed by the time last edited column changing but the version stays the same and nothing else happens. I've tried restarting the program and PC and still every time I try to open one of the apps I get prompted to migrate and then nothing.

I am opening application manager as an admin

I have disabled windows security from asking if I want to make changes since it has caused a similar issue in the past

I get no errors or alerts but last time I had a similar issue it was the windows do you want to make changes dialogue box interfering with the process without actually popping up. That is disabled but I am wondering if there are any other windows processes that could be interfering?

I have tried a lot of googling but nothing come up

Thanks for any help or commiseration

Have you looked at the logs in the SMC (System Management Console)?
In 2020, it is the "Operations Control Management Console"....
Log Viewer>Default Group>Local

I make a backup of the app before hand and then do not do backup during conversion.
In the 2017 app is it a "Stand Alone" or "Modern" app?
If "Modern" you need to Export it first, then import into 2020, then convert.
A "Stand Alone" app does not need to be exported, it can be freely copied anywhere.

I was not given the option to export from the application manager (grayed out) but I was able to copy the application file to another location and then import it from there as a standalone (it had been a modern) and migrate that. Thanks for the suggestion it got me thinking about other ways to reimport it.

Also nothing was logged in the SMC.

Last edited: