Unable to progress past license agreement - AVEVA 2020 install

phuz

I've done 40-some of these installations over the past 6 months but this is the first time I encountered this and so far, I am unable to resolve it.

After selecting the initial components and customizing installation (deselecting demo apps, and selecting necessary drivers), I get the next screen which is supposed to be the license agreement, but nothing shows and I am unable to tick the box.

Ideas as to why it's not loading the license agreement on this machine?

Untitled.png

I had exactly this when trying to install an older version (2014 R2) for testing on a newly spun up Windows 10 VM.

As mine was just a test for migration to a newer version I installed on Windows 7. License window worked fine.

I can only assume it's either a Windows 10 issue, or something to do with the PDF system viewer. Is the machine you are installing on brand new? Maybe try installing adobe pdf viewer... this is just a WAG though.

New Windows 10 install which defaults to using MS Edge for PDF viewing. Was not an issue using the same installer image on 40-some other machines, so I'm not going to deviate and install something I shouldn't have to. Just wondering if maybe the customer IT department didn't load this windows image properly...or something.

The installer has the EULA in XPS format. Rendering XPS got changed in December / January / February .NET Framework Updates.

Aveva has a tech alert on that: TA000034767

A summary of it: Look up KB5022083. That should lead you to a PowerShell script. Download that script. Open PowerShell prompt as an administrator. Navigate to where you saved the script. Run: .\kb5022083-compat.ps1 -Install. If that works you should see "Installation Completed"

You can remove the patch if desired with -Uninstall instead of -Install

Last edited:
Thanks. Yeah, that solves it.
Odd that several installs since that period, even another one last week, were fine but this one was hung up.
Appreciate your response.