Wonderware Multi Monitor/Screen

akd.jrdb

Hi All,

Good Day y'all.

I'd like to know how to setup multi monitor using Wonderware Intouch Standalone Project.

We have 4 monitors in a rack, 3 above and 1 below.

We tried to edit win.ini file in C:Windows folder and C:\...AppData\Local\Wonderware\win.ini by adding the script below but no luck.

MultiScreen=1
MultiScreenWidth=1024
MultiScreenHeight=768

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hello,
1- Specify a base resolution (one monitor) = project resolution [for my case it is 1920x1080]
2- All you non popup windows should be fitted to the base resolution
3- Add navigation bars one per screen [for 2 x 1 rack first navbar will be on 0.0 and second on (XB x (n-1),0)=(1920 x (2-1),0) = (1920 , 0)
4- Afterwards basically you must change all open window requests with function that uses the position of the cursor ($ObjHor,$ObjVer) to detect which screen the click happened and open the requested window on it : ShowTopLeftAt ( ArgWindowName,x,y)

Last edited:
Are you trying to develop an Intouch application that encompasses a resolution across four screens or are you just trying to duplicate the same application from one monitor to four screens?

If you're trying to develop a multi-monitor application, you would want all four monitors (preferably) to all be the same resolution. On the application side, you would specify a window size as your main screen that encompasses the entire resolution left to right. So if I had two 1920x1080 monitors, my main screen real estate would be 3840x1080 or 1920x2160 (all depending on your monitor setup and configurations within windows for display). Once your main screen or "base layer" is established, you can create pop up windows, tabs for showing other screens and in each screens window settings, you can state the real estate you want it to show up on (so whether it utilizes the entire real estate, only pops up on screen one or two and whether it's embedded or a pop up screen (you get to set all those controls and options).

I built a plating line across two 55" Samsung's for display of its HMI and I have options that open screen across the entire real estate or just window one or two. Hence a monitor two, my coordinates would still be one screen at 1920x1080 but the X coordinate would start at 1921 by y coordinate 0. This would ensure the screen shows up on monitor two and I had a button to tab back to main screen or to "hide" that window when done. You can also script timed windows to auto-close as well.

If you just want the same screen across four monitors, I think you would be best just buying a VGA or HDMI (video output of choice) splitter to replicate to all screens. Good sites like Monoprice sell them for a good price. Also StarTech but I find them to be a little more expensive. Amazon usually are resellers at an upcharge but you can always compare price. If I misinterpreted the question or you have questions, let us know!

Last edited: