Wonderware trends

cgauthier

Hi guys
I'm newby to the forum. We have Wonderware v10.1 and had trends running on several computers. It no longer runs on any of them and the person who set it up has retired. Can anyone help me figure out how to set it up again?

Can you be a little more specific as to what you mean by they don't run anymore?

Does the trend screen show up or are the tags just not updating?

I don't think I follow, you said first that you're running v10.1 on several computers but you don't have them on the computers anymore? Or are you upgrading the computers and the trending no longer works?

If it's an upgrade, you need to make sure the historical logging folder is present. Goto Special>Configure>Historical Logging... and make sure that the folder under "Store Log Files in a Specific Directory" is present. If it is not, just create the folder.

You need to have Wonderware installed on the computers however....

Sorry about the confusion. We have v10.1 on the operators computers. We also were able to access the trends on other computers that did not have WonderWare on them. We are not able to access the trends on any of the computers, with or without WonderWare.

cgauthier you aren't providing enough details for anybody to help you.

how is it possible to access the wonderware trends from computers which do not have wonderware on them?

what software do you run on that computer?

what process do you go through from turning the computer on to go from a computer running windows which everyone is familiar with to pulling up the screen with the list of processes? what makes that screen?

what has changed since it stopped working?

Hi all... got similar problem - I'm on Wonderware 10.1... PC was set up by a person who's not available...
The main problem I've got is - no signal from the PLC... the connection was set up using correct IP addresses (PC and PLC) and I'm getting response from the PLC (ping)... but it looks like there's nothing coming through... no trends in Trend
What details do you need to give me some support?

Thanks for your time and help

My problem turned out to be the DASMBTCP file needed to be updated for the version of Wonderware on the computer.Upgrading to the right version enabled us to link to the PLC we were trying to set up. Hope this helps you

When you say "trends", are you talking about InTouch's built in historical trending wizard and data files (.idx & .lgh)? If so, we should be able to figure it out. If not, well, you will need better help than we can probably offer.