working on simulation but not on hardware?

mtixente

hi folks, i a m practicing programming skills using Schneider Electric PLC. i wrote a simple ladder program, working fine on simulation but not when i load it on actual PLC! i attached the ladder program for it.

any help
thanks

I was searching for a program for the Zelio smart relay to look at and there was yours. Looks pretty good. In a day or so, I'll have a cable to upload the program into a smart relay which a new friend gladly gave up to persue my education. and let you know

hi folks, i a m practicing programming skills using Schneider Electric PLC. i wrote a simple ladder program, working fine on simulation but not when i load it on actual PLC! i attached the ladder program for it.

any help
thanks
Not working is hard to visualise on a forum. Here are some questions to help narrow that definition down.

1. Can you go online with it?
2. Can you transfer and compare your program to the module data?
3. Is the PLC in RUN mode?
4. Are you holding down the Input 1 to keep the timers running?
5. Are the Outputs lighting up in sequence?
6. Are the sequences showing two outputs on momentarily if you release and re-energise the input while in Run mode?

Plaese answer these questions or tell us what seems to be wrong. Maybe we can offer suggestions on fixing the program then.

Last edited:
on simulation, all three output lights up in a sequence( 2s delay), then restart again (simple robot). on my hardware i am using three LED's and start push button (normally open).

when i press the start button the sequence starts till output three then stopped. my problem is why is acting the same on simulation or this caused by the switch(pb)?

Are you holding down the Input 1 PB switch continuously? Your program requires that to keep the timers running. See question 4. When you say stops at output 3, does Output 3 stay lit, or come on then off, or never comes on?

Last edited:
OK, I will try to figure out what is needed to use just press and release for the Input.

Last edited:
Will appreciate man. I am also having S7 300, also with timers. I can write the same program using S5T# timers, but same thing too i cant make it restart the sequence.

on Siemens one what is the difference between S5T# timers and IEC timers?

thanks for your patience again

I know nothing about S7 or S5 programming, sorry.
Here is my 1st attempt to fix your program. I made a new CYCLE RUN rung as rung 1 then moved Input 1 from rung 3 to rung 1 and added a STOP button as Input 2 in that rung. I also changed the Output types from Latch type to Active On type.

Last edited: