Would it be cheating to use a timer on Logixpro Silo exercise 1?

Added XIO I:1/4 to the solenoid logic.

Fixed it.
Now move the entire rung for the solenoid logic so it is above the "Box Filled" logic. Then you will see that it is back to spilling material (if I:1/4 is in the Box Level rung but not in the solenoid rung). So what really fixed it?

Normally an accurate level indicator should be used to control the solenoid that causes the level.

Last edited:
I tried your code, and it worked. Thanks.

So when I finish all the examples on this trainer, do you think I'll be ready to program PLCs in a real life job?

If you successfully complete the entire set of lessons and simulations on Logixpro, you will be ready to program with Logix 500. The problem solving, troubleshooting, and knowledge of how a PLC works and interprets your program will be extremely valuable. I would recommend looking at other brands of PLC's for trainers. I know Mitsubishi has a trainer/simulator for the FX series for example. Learning multiple platforms will help when looking for a PLC related job.

Good luck,
Dave