Write/Read fail error on panelview 1000

dpancipanci

Hi,

Our controllogix connected to panelview thru controlnet with CNB @ node 1 & panelview @ node 9. When i download modified program to the panelview there is an error occur "write/read fail @ node 1. My question is that the error occur during i download panelview program when my PLC at REmote Run? How can I correct the error.

Thanks,
Dante

More information is needed to provide the answers you are looking for.

Is it a PanelView CLassic or a PanelView Plus?

Does the PanelView appear in the IO configuration of the Controller?

Does it start working again if you download the old configuration?

What is the status of the ControlNet after the download? (LED color etc)

What was changed in the PanelView?

If it is a classic PanelView it could be set up with a scheduled connection. If so, then you will need to possibly modify the ControlNet schedule using RSnetworx.

RSL

Hi Thanks for the response,

PanelView 1000 Cat. # : 2711-T10C15 Ser. C Rev. B FRN 4.10 100-240Vac 0.4-0.25A 50/60Hz 70VA. I don't know if it is classic or Plus.
The panelview appear in IO configuration, Node 9.
The status of ControlNet card was OK and all green color after I download the PV program.
I added a new screen in the panel and some numeric entry & display @ new screen.

Hello dpancipanci;

I had a problem similar to what you describe: "write/read fail @ node x". Controlnet status LEDs were green, and I could navigate to one screen to another.
I was using a Panelview 1000 Colour (classic) connected through redundant controlnet to a Controllogix processor.
In my case, the message was caused by tags not properly created in the PanelView, or not linked to correct data addresses in the PLC. On the screen I had edited, input boxes were marked ######; these had badly configured tags. Checking their declaration in the tags editor and downloading to the PanelView cleared my problem.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Hi,

I too faced similar probelem.
I had almost 50 tags on one particular screen.When i access this
screen i get read/write error in pv.
At first when i looked all tags in pv are properly addressed to PLC control logix tags.
but still the problem existed.then i slowly deleted tag by tag on PV screen and found out that one tag was not addressed properly and this was causing the problem.

Then evrey thing worked fine after correcting it.

scan.plc

Hi,

I have the same problem with the same setup - Panelview 1000 classic talking ControlNet, 1756CNB, Controllogix processor with version 13 firmware. This configuration has run for over two years with no problems. I upgraded the firmware in the processor to version 15 and now I occasionally get a message that says "Read Failure , Node 1" or "Write Failure, Node 1" on the Panelview 1000.

Do I need to upgrade the firmware in the ControlNet module also?