Writing 2 or more ascii strings with 1 AWT

commerce

Hello All,

Is there a way to send several ascii stings to a display using one AWT command? I am using one AWT for every error message, if there are 2 or more messages, only the last one displays. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

Can the display actually show more than one message at one time (multiple lines?)

Otherwise you may have to set up a timed write in the PLC. Write one error message ... time ... write the other error message ... time ... repeat.

You have to use ACN and put the carriage return command that you store in a different string on the end of your first string and store that. Then use ACN again to put your second string you desire written on the end of what you just assembled. Use one AWT command to write that and you're good.

I wrote a program for a parts marker that uses a ton of ACN to do just that and it only uses one AWT command. After it's all assembled the ASCII string looks like this

12/19/09 05:12
1 23 123456

Yeah, there is a lot of lines of code to pull the month, slash, day, slash, 2 digit year, space, hour, colon, minute, carriage return, shift, space, pallet number, space, 6 digit part number.... and then put that all in one string to be written. It works though :)

whoa, my bad. After getting to work and double checking I forgot to mention that I needed a line feed function after the carriage return....
so the first ACN will need to tack on ^M^J
Well, at least I had to do this to properly write the mentioned string out to a Columbia Micro Tools PM Mircro A marker.