Writting to a variable in PLC(s7-200) while its running

paseka

Hi

I am not good in PLC's.I would like a write a piece of Visual Basic code in WinCC that will query an SQL Server database for some data and write it onto a varible in an S7-200 PLC while the PLC is running.Is this possible?

Thank you
Paseka Motsoeneng
(South Africa)

yes its possible to write to plc when in run mode..you need an OPC server, try do a search for micro computing software or PC access software on siemens web site...

hope this help

Similar Topics

Hello all, I ran in to some trouble. I created 2 virtual machines to try out ADS communicating One machine is a PLC (TC2 32bit (runtime)), other...
Replies
Views
I would like to write data to and read from the CF card while running. Store status of a bit and values. Not sure I understand the info in the...
Replies
Views
How do I ensure that the latest control parameters being used in my PLC contrologix5000 are saved in the event of the panelview reload or reboot...
Replies
Views
I'm just wondering, when you write the operation manual for your plc-controlled machine, with touch/operator panel etc, do you follow any...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Our company has been contracted to build a machine for a customer that requires an SLC 500 PLC. It will have a 5/05 processor in it...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom