Yaskawa Ethernet drive and Micro850 or 1100

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I have a customer that has a Yaskawa Compact Vector v1000 with Ethernet, they want to add speed control and a barcode reader and speedup, slowdown, stop, etc., they will be building one at first then a few more

I saw the tech note for a Compactlogix or Controllogix but they are wanting to use a Micro850 or ML 1100

Anyone ever control a Yaskawa v1000 with either one of these? I will keep searching but not finding much, I did find some Modbus but I think they will be Ethernet IP... or is the drive Modbus ?

Thanks
Mark

Thank you, looks like I need to see what "optional" modules they have install if any on the drive

I don't know that I can help, but I just finished building a simple ladder in CCW (micro820) that communicates with a Schneider Atv630 drive using Modbus-TCP.

I would assume the communication would actually be the same just maybe different addressing structure and the drive would probably be setup differently.

I can control and read out any of the Drive Parameters (About 1729 different settings) through the PLC which I have a HMI setup just to make is simple for the user. All user has to do is tap "Set Speed" change the Hz and drive will RAMP to whatever speed has been set.

I have attached a screen shot of the HMI screen.

I must say it works very well!!

VFD.jpg