yokogawa controller with modbus tcp/ip communication with s7 1200 plc

georgevjoel

can i send and recieve data using my yokogawa UT35A controller with my siemens s7 1200 plc using profinet communication without using gsd file

You need a GSD file for anything that doesn't appear in the hardware catalogue on TIA portal.

Does it have Profinet though? It says Ethernet and Profibus but doesn't actually specify that Profinet is an option.

RS-485, Ethernet, PROFIBUS-DP, CC-Link, DeviceNet

On page 1-8 of the user manual it says that the Ethernet port can be used for Modbus TCP which you won't need any additional hardware for. Profibus and Modbus RTU would both need communication modules.