Your opinion on Which PLC manufacturer is the future

Siemens or Allen Bradley PLC's are the future....

SLC500's are old but robust. These are being replaced by ControlLogix.

GEM's are outdated. ALSPA are reliable for small applications.

IMHO, any platform is fine, EVENTUALLY. But if your not familiar or comfortable with PLC programming then AB is very user friendly and easiest of the bunch to use. Although now that I have done quite a bit of S7, it is pretty user friendly.

When you have lots of experience, and the "tools" to solve problems then really it doesn't matter, but for someone who programs all the time and wants to be efficient then the platform matters alot, ie does it work with windows/excel/word easily? Can I write VBA apps to speed up the more tedious elements of developing programs/logic?

Each platform has it's own quirks, none of them is perfect.