Pv300 config screen is not accessed

JORGE73

Hi folks,

I have Panelview300 Micro 2711-M3A18L1 -PV300 Micro Key, FRN 4.10-4 that is connected to Micrologix1500.
the panelview give a message 686"Panelview offline " and now this panelview can't operate properly.
(data can't be set).
I have tried to check the parameter of this panelview through configuration menu by pressing the right and left arrow key simultaneously, but unfortunately I can't access the configuration screen .
what can i do?

Thank

Your PV supports DF1 protocol. The ML1500's comm port should be setup for this protocol. (same baud rate) The cable should be a null-modem cable ( 1761-CBL-PM02)

Do you have the offline files for your PLC and the PV if so post them here and someone can help take a look at how the ports are setup. If you need help with that.

Last edited:
'Pv300 config screen is not accessed'

Dear MICKEY:
Thank you for your reply ,
I’m using the same cable ( 1761-CBL-PM02), and the PV300 it was working properly with ML1500 , suddenly it was changed to offline and lost the communication, this problem it happened with me previously ,and it was resolved by pressing and holding the left and right cursor push buttons simultaneously , and then correct the DF1 parameters accordingly to DF1 of the communicated PLC ,what I need now either than accessing to the configuration screen or clear the PV memory ,
any how attached the offline application of ML1500 & PV300
Thx, again

Have you tried cycling power to the PV300? Perhaps it is just locked up.
You should be able to download the .pva file using PanelBuilder32.
Do you have Panelbuilder32?
Can you post the file for the PV300?
One more thing: Try disconnecting the communication cable, cycling power, then try to access the config screen. Maybe something wrong with the serial port or cable is causing it to become stuck.

One more thing: Try disconnecting the communication cable, cycling power, then try to access the config screen. Maybe something wrong with the serial port or cable is causing it to become stuck.

Dear OKIEPC:
I was tried many of solutions , disconnecting and cycling the power supply , programming cable , pressing the left and right cursors when initialization and in run mode , make a shorting on the main capacitor of PV300 to erase to application , I have the master application with the attachments ,
Regards

Jorge73, welcome to the Forum.

Let me first congratulate you on actually posting the information we need to help you. You would not believe how rare that is.

As to your problem, it could be at the PLC side of things. I have had to cycle the power on a MicroLogix PLC to get it to talk to my Laptop in some cases.

You may have tried that already, however, it wasn't clear to me from your posts if you had.

That still doesn't explain why you can't get into the PV300 Config Screen though.

Stu....

Dear MICKEY:
Thank you for your reply ,
I’m using the same cable ( 1761-CBL-PM02), and the PV300 it was working properly with ML1500 , suddenly it was changed to offline and lost the communication, this problem it happened with me previously ,and it was resolved by pressing and holding the left and right cursor push buttons simultaneously , and then correct the DF1 parameters accordingly to DF1 of the communicated PLC ,what I need now either than accessing to the configuration screen or clear the PV memory ,
any how attached the offline application of ML1500 & PV300
Thx, again

DEAR MICKY
attached to you the application,
thx,

dear OKIEPC
attached to you the application

It looks like the comm configuration are the samw in both the PV and the PLC. So no help there.

Can you see the PV with your PC thru RSLinx ?

Send Mickey a Private Message with the password.

You can trust him with it, and he can look at the SLC code, although the only way I can think of to secure the configure screen in the PV300 is with a Security level and we need the .pba file for the PV300 to check that, not the RSS file. The PV300 should prompt for a password at runtime though if I understand that option correctly.

Mickey, hope you don't mind me volunteering you! I will be cleaning my junkpile and mowing all weekend...

Paul

Send Mickey a Private Message with the password.

You can trust him with it, and he can look at the SLC code, although the only way I can think of to secure the configure screen in the PV300 is with a Security level and we need the .pba file for the PV300 to check that, not the RSS file. The PV300 should prompt for a password at runtime though if I understand that option correctly.

Mickey, hope you don't mind me volunteering you! I will be cleaning my junkpile and mowing all weekend...

Paul

He posted the password in post# 12.
I was looking for a difference in the PLC and PV's comm port setup.

I am not familiar with what you are talking about.