Panelview outdoors

dginbuffalo

Hello- i need to put a panelview outside on the front of an enclosure and am wondering if anyone has used a good NEMA 4X window kit for an app like this? It will be outside in Northwest PA. Any suggestions on the best way to do this?

Which Panelview are you planning on using? The PanelviewPlus is already NEMA 4X, but it says "indoor only". I expect that is due to the operating temperature range being 0-55 degC. Outdoor temperatures will definitely get lower than that.

If you need to touch the screen or push function keys, you have to open the window anyway, that limits its utility.

Here's some covers for a PV+ I've used/seen. Is this what you're talking about?

-Bobby

7396497378_b878f67ff5_m.jpg
7396497554_eeaf2c8def_m.jpg

Was looking to use the Automation Direct C-More 10" on this job. I planned on having a panel heater although that's really going to keep the electronics the back of the touchscreen warm...

Yes Bobby-that's what i've been looking at. 4X SS tho. Their as expensive as the whole enclosure themselves!
I dislike these because when you open the door in the rain sleet or snow you expose a non nema 4x HMI to the elements

I can imagine if it's stainless steel. If the Control Cabinet isn't in a building that affords some shade from the sun, you might want to take into consideration what direction the HMI is facing. It's a real pain if it's mounted either pointing East or West. You have heck in reading the HMI and most generally the Window Kit will be opened and a card board shade or old tarp will be affixed to the frame. Like a old time camera, just so the operators can see the screen.

Here's a link to Hoffman's offerings:
http://www.hoffmanonline.com/stream_document.aspx?rRID=104555&pRID=6840

Yes Bobby-that's what i've been looking at. 4X SS tho. Their as expensive as the whole enclosure themselves!